Tuesday 19 February 2013

#heartswap



One of my most favourite things in the whole world is both the giving and receiving of surprise presents. There's not much that beats buying something that you know that someone you know will love and giving it to them on a whim. And it's even better when you're the recipient of a surprise present, especially if it's wrapped up in brown paper and tied up with string.

I'm not really one for Valentine's Day, but I am one for surprise presents. And secretly, I like hearts too.

That's why, when my lovely friend Fay (of Food Fables fame) alerted me to #heartswap on Anna's gorgeous  Skinblisterblog, I signed up straight away. The idea was simple: by answering a short questionnaire that Anna sent out, we were paired with a fellow blogger and tasked to send them a lovely parcel - one that we would be happy to receive. The parcel had to contain something heart or heart themed, and had to arrive in time for Valentine's Day.

I was paired with the lovely Sundari from Rose Beauty. This is what I bought her:

Photo courtesy of http://rosebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk/
 Anna asked Natalie from Bella Luna to send me a parcel of things that would make me smile. I was completely touched by her choices - especially the Everyman Cinema voucher, the Moleskine journals and the gorgeous penguin postcard.

 

I couldn't be happier with my parcel - and what a lovely way to meet some fellow bloggers. A big thank you to Anna for organising it!


2 comments:

  1. SO pleased you signed up and what lovely parcels going both ways. They're perfect.

    I'm really pleased you enjoyed it and glad it meant I've found your blog too.
    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm so glad I joined in! Receiving my parcel really did make my week. And I've loved "meeting" other bloggers too.

    Your blog is now one of my firm must-check-every-day reads!

    Thanks again for organising x

    ReplyDelete